Telephone: WAGRA (08) 6350 4600
Fax: WAGRA (08) 6350 4699
Greyhounds WA Northam is a sand surface with an above-ground Bramich Lure system.
- The venue is located about an hour’s drive east of Perth in the heart of the Avon Valley
- The track was constructed in 1996 inside the Northam trotting track and provided the first dual-use racing facility in WA
- Track lighting was installed in January 2012 and the 2 April 2012 meeting was the first to be held under lights
- Meetings are programmed from approx 1.00pm Monday afternoons April through to October
- Full totalisator facilities are available on-course. A Dining Room and Bar are open on race days.
- Broadcasting of Northam greyhound meetings is available live on SKY Racing 1 & 2 throughout the season. The races are also broadcast live by TABRadio, and video replays of all races are available from Greyhounds WA
- Racing from approximately 1.00pm
- Public trials are held every Saturday between 7.30am and 9.00am from the 509m and 297m boxes. On the arm / No Pen during the racing season
- Qualifying Trials are held on race days between kennelling and the first race
- Nominations for Qualifying Trials close at 8.30 am the Tuesday prior
Nominations / Kenneling details:
- Distances: 297m / 509m / 588m / 721m
- Track Surface: Sand