Puppy Club

What’s the Puppy Club all about?

The Puppy Club is a great way for everyone under the age of 16 to discover the enjoyment and excitement of greyhounds. It’s a fun and educational way to be part of the whole greyhound racing experience.

As a member of the Puppy Club you can come along to any Puppy Club race meeting Greyhounds WA. These days will include special benefits like free rides, free face painting and prize giveaways, plus there’s free entry for Mum and Dad (New Year’s Eve excluded).

The Puppy Club is free to join. You will receive your very own Membership Card which entitles you to special VIP Puppy Club treatment whenever you visit Greyhounds WA.

Click Membership_Puppy_Club to download a Puppy Club Membership Form.

Puppy Club’s Charity Chasers

Our Puppy Club Chasers run with their earnings donated to various charitable causes.

Major charities Telethon, Make-A-Wish Foundation and The Centre for Cerebral Palsy have all benefited in recent years.

In October 2014 the Puppy Club donated $50,000 to Telethon. The Channel 7 Telethon Trust is a registered charitable trust that has a philosophy to financially support the medical and social welfare of children and young people, and to fund research into children’s diseases.

Make-A-Wish Foundation which grants “wishes” to children with life-threatening illnesses. To date the Puppy Club has donated more than $29,000 to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

In  2011 the Puppy Club donated a total of $18,500 to The Centre for Cerebral Palsy.

We set the young superstar Miata the challenge of winning and breaking her own track record on August 10. Greyhounds WA through the Puppy Club offered to donate $5000 if Miata won and a further $5000 if she broke her track record. She did both.

The following week August 17, we again offered $500 for every length Miata could win by. The Paul Stuart-trained youngster won by 17 lengths, resulting in a $8500 donation to assist those with Cerebral Palsy.

Well done to Miata for playing her part but also a big thank you to all our former Puppy Club charity greyhounds (Barney Stinson, Miss Juliet, Delaque, Methane, Jazzy Judy, Glen Abbey Ben, Puppy Club Magic and Lindback) who raised these funds in the first instance.

Our recent charity chasers :

Our Magic Wish – (Magic Sprite x Delaque) From the second litter of Delaque pups to race. She had her first start at Cannington on Wednesday January 28, 2015. She is pictured below with Lindsay Williams who won the “Crown The Hound” competition. Lindsay’s prize was a 20% share in Our Magic Wish with the remaining 80% was donated to Puppy Club charities.

She has now retired from racing (62 starts for 9 wins and 20 placings) and was adopted by her part owner Lindsay and she has settled into home life very nicely as pictured below.



Jump The Queue – (High Earner x Delaque) She is had her first start at Cannington on Wednesday September 4, 2013. She is pictured (below right) with trainer Peter Hepple and some fans after a win on November 2, 2013.  She is also pictured withe Margaret Hepple and Tayla Rollings (below left) after she won “The Peter Thomas” Final on August 30 , 2014.  She was retired in August 2015 after 75 starts. Super consistent , Jump The Queue won 19 races and was placed 24 times and earnt over $80,000 in stake money.  She will become a broodbitch and be looked after by the Hepple family now that she has completed her racing career and enjoying her retirement.

Jump The Queue whelped her first litter (by Razldazl Jayfkay) in November 2016 and we hope to see the six pups at the racetrack in due course.

Jump-The-Queue-2014-08-30-D    Jump-The-Queue-2013-11-02-A

Nice Lil’ Earner – The first of the (High Earner x Delaque) pups to hit the racetrack. She made her debut at Cannington on Wednesday July 24, 2013 . She won the Winter Maiden Classic at her second start (pictured below with trainer Peter Hepple after that win) and has  proved herself to be a very consistent chaser.  She has now been retired and adopted as a pet.

NiceLilEarnerWinterMaidenClassic31JulyNice Lil' Earner - 2015-03-07 - A

Charity Earner – (High Earner x Delaque) The second of the pups to race. She had her first start at Cannington on Wednesday August 14, 2013. She is pictured below after winning the Narrogin Agricultural College race at Cannington on July 2, 2014. She has now been retired and adopted out via the Greyhound As Pets program.

      2014-07-02-Charity-Earner-3    2014-07-02-Charity-Earner-A-3